Melbourne City coach Warren Joyce has refused to delve any further into the Tim Cahill saga after his departure from the club this week.
On the day of his 38th birthday, it was announced on Wednesday that Cahill would be leaving City after lasting just 16 months in what was originally a three-year deal with the club.
There has been several changes since Joyce took over this season, with both assistant coaches Joe Montemurro leaving for Arsenal Women and Michael Valkanis stepping down last week, replaced by ex-Joeys boss Tony Vidmar.
Joyce hadn't addressed the media following the Cahill announcement on Wednesday, but on Friday would not delve further into the situation, regularly pointing to the issued written statement.
“I wouldn’t say the club is uptight,” Joyce said on Friday.
"We're just preparing for a game this weekend so it's not different to any other week.
"Obviously it's well documented now, Tim's made a statement, the club's made a statement and I've made a statement, so I think everything's out there really.
"We spoke to the players and now we just build for the weekend.
"Whether it did or not (was a surprise), everything's already been said and you're just looking now to prepare for another game coming up.”
Joyce also refused to address whether he clashed heads with Cahill in the lead-up to the announcement.
However the Englishman wished the Socceroo veteran good luck and tried to be humorous about what lies ahead.
“I would like to go on record and wish him all the best because the World Cup coming up and to get that, play in four World Cups and maybe score and go in with the likes of Pele (to score in four World Cups) would be a fantastic achievement," he said.
“You hope to see him do that - as long as the goal is not against England because we've been beaten enough at the moment (in the Ashes).
“Tim is no longer part of this football club right now, I’m here to talk about the players for this week.”
City meet Central Coast Mariners on Sunday night.