Brown won the Clydesdale Bank Premier League trophy in 2008 in his first season as a Celtic player but then endured three years of watching Rangers win the championship.

That long wait ended in dramatic fashion on Saturday when Celtic won 6-0 against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

And, despite an inevitability about the outcome since Rangers were docked 10 points when they went into administration in February, Brown felt he had shed a considerable burden.

"The first one was incredible as well, that was my first year," the 26-year-old said.

"We've had four years without one. It's been a great lift off everyone's shoulders, that's for sure.

"It just seemed it was getting harder and harder to get it back but we have managed to do it and we're delighted.

"I think that's the hardest point, just trying to get over the line.

"We knew we were miles in front and we did it in style.

"You can't do it any better way, going away from home and the fans being as good as they were.

"They pretty much made it a home game for us and they backed us from the first minute to the last. It was incredible."

Brown's second title was different as he won it as club captain.

"It's an honour," the former Hibernian midfielder said. "It was probably the best feeling I have had at this club yet.

"It's not just about myself or anyone else, it's about the team.

"It shows how much stronger and better we are getting week in, week out.

"We are still producing great results and good performances on the park."

When asked if Celtic had answered Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty, who claimed his team were still the best in Scotland after their Old Firm win last month, Brown said: "I don't think we have to really answer that. We showed what we can do.

"At the end of the day we have won the league and we are 18 points clear and that's good enough for us."

Celtic's thoughts now turn to the William Hill Scottish Cup with a semi-final against Hearts to come at Hampden.

"Everyone is still on a high but we have another big game coming up on Sunday," the Scotland international said.

"We have got to focus and get ready for that, get back into training and being sharp.

"We have had a couple of good days and enjoyed it but that has passed now and we have a Scottish Cup game coming up."

Brown went off early in the second half at Rugby Park with a tight groin but he expects to be fit for Hampden.

"It's hopefully just a wee niggle," said Brown, who was promoting the club's champions merchandise today.

"At the time we were 4-0 up so I managed to get some extra time on the sidelines and not make it any worse.

"It gave me a wee bit more time for Sunday and hopefully I'll be fine for then."

Meanwhile, Celtic featured several trialists from Costa Rica as a reserve side lost 2-1 to Kilmarnock at their Lennoxtown training complex today.

Celtic had three trialists in their starting line-up with one on the bench.

The club's official Twitter account reported: "Trialists are from Costa Rica in conjunction with a project the club is running to assess their football skills."

Reports in Costa Rica revealed a club managed by former Manchester City forward Paulo Wanchope, Uruguay de Coronado, had sent three 19-year-olds to Celtic for a trial - Alvaro Astua, Andres Montalban and Jeikel Medina.